Knowledge Base Manager
Pricer helps retailers all over the world solve some key in-store challenges, like meeting the New Retail demands and improving store operations and task management. We are a catalyst for retail digitization. By creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, we are making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
The driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. We’re searching for an experienced Knowledge Base Manager to join our team and help take our customer-focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software or hardware development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
What will you be doing?
- Promote knowledge capture and reuse through operational and business processes
- Capture and distill experience and insight for reuse to improve performance
- Facilitate Knowledge Management strategic planning
- Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions
- Provide internal training and consulting on KCS concepts and methodologies
- Plan, develop, stand up, support, and promote collaborative tools and techniques such as communities of practice to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners
- Help disseminate information about the organization’s knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences, maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the organization, participation in orientation and training sessions, and preparation of brochures/presentations
- Identify the knowledge critical to the organization; looking beyond technical knowledge (‘know-how) to strategic, business-environmental, people and other knowledge categories (‘know-why’, ‘know-who’ etc.)
- Identify the individuals in the organization with knowledge in specific areas which are critical to the performance of the organization and enroll them in the process of managing that knowledge
- Coach the organization in the use of KM processes and tools
- As necessary, develop a suite of process tools for learning before, during and after and a means of integrating these within the normal working practices of the organization
- As necessary, develop processes for capture, storage, validation and retrieval of knowledge; both within the organization and externally with others.
- Prompt for, and facilitate, the capture of learning after all significant projects
- Ensure that the knowledge generated within the organization is made easily visible, available and useful to seekers
- Monitor the effectiveness, maintenance and use of the IT tools and systems as they apply to KM, and implement improvements
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand product requirements.
Who are you?
As Knowledge Base Manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent analysis, planning, collaboration and communication skills. We expect you to have a strong commitment to quality, technical documentation, have a good technical understanding and be a customer-focused person.
What are your qualifications and requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or minimum 4 years’ industry experience as an effective knowledge base manager
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Confident and effective communicator using various media
- A skillful listener with an open style; good at facilitating discussion
- Excellent influencing skills
- Good networking and sharing of ideas and success
- Clear and up-to-date understanding of business situation and processes and good working knowledge of organizational strategy
- Ability to think strategically in terms of culture and behavior, business processes and technology and tools
- Good appreciation of customer needs at both operational and strategic levels
- An understanding of the principles of knowledge management
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
Good to have
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Previous software development experience
- Some sort of Technical Communicator Certification
- Experience using advanced and efficient tools to create documentation and manage the information
At Pricer you get to work in a truly global and multicultural environment with driven and highly skilled colleagues.
You will be working in our modern office right next to Stockholm City central station together with passionate colleagues in a flat and creative environment, using cutting edge technology.
Pricer is an agile company where there is great potential to self-development.
We offer Lab Fridays and access to courses for competence development, flexible work hours, a collaborative environment and attractive salary, pension, insurance plans. You will get 30 days annual vacation and we offer benefits to promote physical health.
Terms of employment
Type of employment: indefinite term (6 months probation period) Full-time employment
How to apply
Apply by email and send your application by 2020-11-15 at the latest. We perform ongoing interviews and might hire before the last application date.
If you have any questions about the position, please send the recruiting manager, Magnus Larsson, an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and he will get back to you shortly.
We are looking forward to reading your application!
Pricer develops and manufactures the world’s most reliable digital store communication system with electronic shelf labels (ESL). We help retailers around the world to solve a number of key and time-consuming in-store challenges by streamlining critical processes in the store, such as price updates, in-store picking and inventory. We are a catalyst for retail digitization. Our system provides a stable platform for reaching out with messages, product information and offers to the shoppers. By developing technical solutions and services that are easy to implement, apply and use, we help our customers blur the boundaries between different sales channels in an increasingly digitalized and connected world. For almost 30 years, our ideas, technology and employees have changed the way retailers around the world carry out their duties and communicate with their customers.