A large French grocery retail chain that began a major roll-out of the Pricer electronic price update system during 2015 has placed new additional orders representing a value of above SEK 100 million. The two parallel deployments throughout France that were won in strong competition last year consist of replacements of segment LCD labels in large hypermarkets and new installations of graphical e-paper labels in supermarkets. The orders will be delivered during the first half year of 2016 with Pricer providing installation services for all new installations. A number of complementing orders are expected later in the quarter.
Pricer’s technology enables the replacement of all paper-based price labels on retailers' shelves with electronic labels, via an IR-based wireless infrastructure. These digital displays, with different sizes depending on information needs, automatically retrieve price and product information from the same database that is used when the goods are scanned at checkout.
- We have a deep strategic collaboration with this Customer, being one of our foremost and oldest Customers in France and we are of course very pleased with this confirmation of continued trust in Pricer. These orders underline that our solution is market leading within grocery retail, says Jonas Vestin, CEO at Pricer
For further information, please contact:
Jonas Vestin, VD, Pricer AB, +46 8 505 582 00
In its capacity as issuer, Pricer AB is releasing the information in this press release in accordance with the Swedish Securities Exchange Act (2007:528). The information was distributed to the media for publication at 16:00 hrs CET on Monday, February 1, 2016.
Pricer is the global leader in providing in-store shelf-edge digital solutions that enhance both store performance and the shopping experience. Pricer’s infrared ESL platform is fast, robust, interconnectable and scalable. Pricer’s range of holistic solutions are all built on this intelligent and flexible platform, and have been stacked according to the five major retail tenants they support:
- Price – guarantee price integrity to optimize sales and margins
- Performance – make operations more efficient and compliant; speed, agility, excellence, etc.
- Promotion – tailor and enhance promotions both digitally and physically at the shelf
- Personalisation – manage and improve your customers’ shopping experience
- Prediction –use Big Data to help your customers and your store’s performance
Pricer, founded in 1991 in Uppsala, Sweden, offers the most secure and fastest in-store shelf-edge communications solution. Pricer works with the world’s top retailers, small and large alike: grocers, DIY, electronics and speciality stores. Today, over 13 000 stores of the leading retailers worldwide are installed with Pricer’s leading platform.
Pricer AB (publ.) is quoted on the Nordic Small Cap list of OMX. For further information, please visit www.pricer.com
Pricer AB (publ)
Västra Järnvägsgatan 7
SE-111 64 Stockholm
Telephone: +46 8 505 582 00
Corporate Identity number: 556427-7993