Pricer helps retailers all over the world solve some key in-store challenges, like meeting the New Retail demands and improving store operations and task management. We are a catalyst for retail digitization. By creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, we are making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
The driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. We’re searching for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team and help take our customer-focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software or hardware development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
What will you be doing?
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Develop technical API documentation
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand product requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with Product Managers and R&D to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
Who are you?
As Technical Writer, you will have to demonstrate excellent analysis, planning, collaboration and communication skills. We expect you to have a strong commitment to quality, technical documentation, have a good technical understanding and be a customer-focused person.
What are your qualifications and requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field or minimum of 4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Self-driven, you take initiative and have the drive to make changes
- Excellent communicator and a team player
- Focused on details and analytical
- Creative, committed and reliable
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Good to have
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Previous software development experience
- Some sort of Technical Communicator Certification
- Experience using advanced and efficient tools to create documentation
At Pricer you get to work in a truly global and multicultural environment with driven and highly skilled colleagues.
You will be working in our modern office right next to Stockholm City central station together with passionate colleagues in a flat and creative environment, using cutting edge technology.
Pricer is an agile company where there is great potential to self-development.
We offer Lab Fridays and access to courses for competence development, flexible work hours, a collaborative environment and attractive salary, pension, insurance plans. You will get 30 days annual vacation and we offer benefits to promote physical health.
Terms of employment
Type of employment: indefinite term (6 months probation period) Full-time employment
How to apply
Apply by email and send your application by 2020-11-15 at the latest. We perform ongoing interviews and might hire before the last application date.
If you have any questions about the position, please send the recruiting manager, Nick Pavel, an e-mail email@example.com and he will get back to you shortly.
We are looking forward to reading your application!
Pricer develops and manufactures the world’s most reliable digital store communication system with electronic shelf labels (ESL). We help retailers around the world to solve a number of key and time-consuming in-store challenges by streamlining critical processes in the store, such as price updates, in-store picking and inventory. We are a catalyst for retail digitization. Our system provides a stable platform for reaching out with messages, product information and offers to the shoppers. By developing technical solutions and services that are easy to implement, apply and use, we help our customers blur the boundaries between different sales channels in an increasingly digitalized and connected world. For almost 30 years, our ideas, technology and employees have changed the way retailers around the world carry out their duties and communicate with their customers.