Pricer is looking for a competent Data Scientist to help us build the next generation of business services. You will be part of our R&D organization and work together with other talented and experienced engineers and analysts in an agile development environment.
In a rapidly growing and ever-changing retail market, Pricer offers technology and solutions that fundamentally change the traditional retail business towards increased e-commerce and dynamic pricing. As a global leader and partner on the stores’ digitalization journey, Pricer contributes to more efficient store management. This means freeing up time that store employees can spend on increased service and a better buying experience for shoppers.
With confidence from major retail chains around the world, Pricer has so far sold 200 million electronic shelf labels to 17.000 stores in more than 50 countries.
What will you be doing?
- Work in a development team together with a product manager to analyze large volumes of data from our systems.
- Identify and contribute to the implementation of new functionality for future development of our Pricer platform.
- Conduct data research to help us build new business services.
- Leverage large volumes of data to serve our business model.
- Use analytics programs, machine learning, statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Explore and examine data to find hidden patterns.
- Create and present stories to stakeholders based on data analysis.
Who are you?
As Data Scientist, you will have to demonstrate excellent analysis, data visualization and story-telling skills. We expect you to have a strong commitment to understanding patterns and act as an advisor for stakeholders in order to make smart decisions both on platform functionality and business services.
What are your qualifications and requirements?
- Hands-on experience as Data Scientist or similar in the past 3 years.
- Experience working with ML or AI.
- Proficient programming in Python, Matlab or similar.
- A can-do attitude.
- A great desire to explore, understand and visualize data.
- Proven skills in probability and statistics, linear algebra.
- Experience working with data wrangling and database management.
- Experience working with cloud computing.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Self-driven, you take initiative and have the drive to make changes.
- Excellent communicator and a team player.
- Focused on details, analytical and structured.
- Curious, creative, committed and reliable.
- Initiative and willing to share information and findings within the organization.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Good to have
- Constant interest in self-development and keeping up to date with the latest trends and new models in Machine and Deep Learning.
- Experience, desire to work with cloud platforms and Big Data.
- Experience working with DevOps.
- Previous experience working with Pricer products.
- High school diploma in Mathematics/Statistics or similar.
- Swedish speaking.
At Pricer you get to work in a truly global and multicultural environment with driven and highly skilled colleagues.
You will be working in our modern office right next to Stockholm City central station together with passionate colleagues in a flat and creative environment, using cutting edge technology.
Pricer is an agile company where there is great potential to self-development.
We offer Lab Fridays and access to courses for competence development, flexible work hours, a collaborative environment and attractive salary, pension, insurance plans. You will get 30 days annual vacation and we offer benefits to promote physical health.
Terms of employment
Type of employment: indefinite term (6 months probation period). Full-time employment.
How to apply
Apply by email and send your application by 2020-10-15 at the latest. We perform ongoing interviews and might hire before the last application date.
If you have any questions about the position, please send the recruiting manager, Nick Pavel, an email email@example.com and he will get back to you shortly.
We are looking forward to reading your application!
Pricer develops and manufactures the world’s most reliable digital store communication system with electronic shelf labels (ESL). We help retailers around the world to solve a number of key and time-consuming in-store challenges by streamlining critical processes in the store, such as price updates, in-store picking and inventory. We are a catalyst for retail digitization. Our system provides a stable platform for reaching out with messages, product information and offers to the shoppers. By developing technical solutions and services that are easy to implement, apply and use, we help our customers blur the boundaries between different sales channels in an increasingly digitalized and connected world. For 30 years, our ideas, technology and employees have changed the way retailers around the world carry out their duties and communicate with their customers.